Hello FieldClock Users!
We hope everyone is off to a great March! We have a great new 'Utility Feature', which we hope many of you will find useful.
On to the update:
New 'Required Location' Mode
Within the Admin section, under 'Misc' > 'Edit', you'll find a new location mode: 'Required', which will require location permission for the app to function. What this means is that the app will not allow access to to jobs until location can be determined, and users may only access jobs at a Ranch or Block where they are located.
It's important to note that the following behaviors will be introduced if 'Required Location' mode is enabled:
- If location privileges are not granted, the app will not display jobs on the main list. In other words, the Jobs list will force the 'My Location Only' filter to be always-on and only the jobs at the current users location will be displayed.
- The Edit Job form will only offer the user's current Ranch (and Block) when creating and updating Jobs.
- If the user is currently viewing a Job and the user's location changes such that they are no longer at the location of that Job, they will be booted back to the Jobs list.
- The app will ignore other location settings and refresh the user's location frequently while the app is running, which will have a negative impact on battery life.
Please reference our Help Article for a full write-up.
Our Android Beta has been pushed back an extra week, but we expect to have it live before April.
Feature Spotlight: Pay Templates
Pay Templates is the ability to specify default piece prices. You can set minimums, maximums, defaults -- and you can even scope your rules based on the location, task, variety, and piece type.
- If data is still syncing or has not synced, do not sign out of the mobile app - data will be lost!
- Please remember to check for device as well as FieldClock updates
Until next week!
The FieldClock Team