Hello FieldClock Users!
As we go midway through February and Spring draws ever closer, we know that harvest and planting will naturally begin to speed up. If there's anything that we at FieldClock can do to make this process smoother, please reach out!
On to the update.
New Feature: SMS Job Summary Notifications
When using the Employee Portal, it is now possible to enable an optional setting that will allow all users (who opt-in) to receive SMS notifications upon a job being finalized. When jobs are finalized, SMS messages are queued to be sent. The SMS will be sent 30 minutes after finalization, unless the job is unfinalized.
Enabling the Setting
To begin, you will need to enable this setting for your company's Employee Portal. In addition to having the Employee Portal itself enabled, this can be done by navigating to Admin -> Employee Portal -> Edit Settings -> Enable Job Notifications.
In addition to enabling the setting company-wide, all users who wish to receive these notifications must also individually opt-in. The following steps below outline how users will need to go about this.
- Sign in to the Employee Portal
- Click the "Options" button (on the right-hand side, above the language options)
- Click the "Yes" button in the Job Summaries section
Please note: Only US phone numbers are supported at the moment, though some international country codes will be added soon.
- Equipment tracking (very close!)
- Activity logging
- Revamped control panel
- Bulk-employee editing at Jobs
- Enhanced Employee filtering / reporting
Did You Know...
A temporary badge can be easily printed for employees in the field via the mobile app. To do this, simply navigate to their profile on the app and click 'Print Temporary Badge' in the bottom-right corner.
Prerequisite: you will need an appropriate handheld printer set up and linked with FieldClock to perform this action. You can read more about using bluetooth printers with Fieldclock here.
- If data is still syncing or has not synced, do not sign out of the mobile app - data will be lost!
- Please remember to check for device as well as FieldClock updates
Until next week!
The FieldClock Team