Hello FieldClock Users!
We hope that you've had a productive and enjoyable week as autumn begins to set in. As always, and as some fires continue to burn throughout the West, we are receptive to anything we can do to make work easier and more streamlined. If there's anything we can do, please reach out!
Onto the update.
Our work with migration and stability improvement continues ever onwards, and we're happy to witness further progress as we reach and surpass the halfway point. Thanks to our efforts, you should see more increased stability across our platforms, as well as improved performance. Additionally, we're also always working to find and eliminate any and all bugs.
In addition to our continued work on platform stability, we are also working on…
- New Public Site
- ACH Payments
- Revamped Control Panel
- API Access
- Activity Logging
Did You Know…
FieldClock offers complete control over how your location is used while the app is in use. This is done using FieldClock's three different 'Location Modes', which can be edited from the 'App Settings' page, which can be found by clicking the 'Edit' button from the 'Misc.' tab on the 'Admin' page.
Once in the configuration screen, you'll see Location Mode as the fourth option down (pictured below). The three options you have are:
- Required: The App will not be allowed to function unless the user enables Location Mode.
- Preferred: The App will routinely ask the user to enable Location Mode, but functionality will not be impacted.
- Optional: The App will ask only a single time to enabled Location Mode, and will not ask again if refused.
What does the App do with your location?
Often, there can be confusion or misconception around what Apps in general (including FieldClock) actually do with the User's location data. To help alleviate this, we've outlined below exactly what FieldClock does with your location:
- Allows an Employee's 'Last known location' to be viewed by Administrators on the Admin Site.
- Allows a Ranch or Block's boundaries to be drawn by traveling the boundaries in real-time, rather than drawing their approximate in the app.
- Increase 'Job Map' accuracy, creating semi-accurate pins in a map that show where Tickets were registered or where Employees were clocked in.
- If data is still syncing or has not synced, do not sign out of the mobile app - data will be lost!
- Please remember to check for device as well as FieldClock updates
Until next week!
Best Regards, The FieldClock Team