Hello FieldClock Users!
As the fires continue to rage on the West Coast, we extend our best wishes and thoughts to any of you who may be affected either by the blazes themselves or by the poor air quality. These times are easy on nobody, especially for those directly in the paths of fires. As mentioned last week, if there's anything we can do to help, do not hesitate to reach out!
Now, onto this week's updates…
We're glad to report that performance and stability updates to all our platforms are going as planned. It's likely that we will need another few weeks at the very least to complete all of our goals with transition, but progress is progress! As we continue to push ever forward, you should still observe continued boosts to speed and performance throughout various pages in the site.
As always, we appreciate your patience in waiting for more direct and 'flashy' additions. Having a fully stable and operational base is vital to building new and more complex features.
We are excited to announce the release of two new Android builds!
Please make sure to update any Android devices running FieldClock or Kiosk to the new version.
Still on the roadmap:
- QC Notes
- Revamped Control Panel
- ACH Payments
- API Access
- Activity Logging
Did You Know…
When using the app, camera views such as Employee Scan or Ticket Scan have three small quality of life features available as listed below…
- Torch (all devices): You can click this handy little icon to turn your phone's flashlight on or off for ease of scanning past nightfall or any other situation where it might be dark.
- Text Orientation (iPhone only): This little setting will let you set which direction (normal vs. upside-down) you'd like any text that flashes onto the screen (such as when you clock someone in) to face.
- Auto-Focus (iPhone only): You can toggle this setting on and off to let your camera auto-focus on anything in its view, which can be useful for letting it scan a QR code more quickly.
- If data is still syncing or has not synced, do not sign out of the mobile app - data will be lost!
- Please remember to check for device as well as FieldClock updates
- If you have any questions or requests, or you think that you might have found a bug, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support staff!
Until next week!
Best Regards, The FieldClock Team