Hello FieldClock Users!
We hope everyone is staying healthy, safe, and enjoying the beginning of Spring as much as you can! This week's newsletter is short and sweet, so let's get to it. On to the update:
We have a number of major features in our pipeline that you can look forward to over the coming weeks:
- New quality control notes: This is a complete revamp of our notes functionality, and should provide a fresh new way of taking quality control notes.
- Workweek start date, overtime & double time: We've run into a couple of speed bumps with the new pay functionality mentioned in previous Newsletters. We are still making headway and a release is expected soon.
- Support Chat: Last week we discussed our new Support system: Zendesk. Some concerns were brought to our attention, and, after some internal discussion, we've decided to bring back direct chat functionality. It won't be Intercom, but it will work in the exact same way. This will provide immediate support like before should you need it.
Feature Spotlight: Using Badge Display # for Payroll Codes
In FieldClock, an employee's Badge Display # serves a different purpose than their Employee ID (Payroll ID). Badge Display #s are displayed on an employee's badge. Payroll Codes are used to identify employees for payroll. Depending on your unique needs, these numbers may be the same, but don't have to be.
If you would like to use an employee's Badge Display # for their Payroll Codes, we've made it super easy to do so. Simply check the box where it says "Use Badge Display # for Payroll Codes?", and we'll automatically fill in that employee's Payroll Codes for you so you don't have to worry about it!
- If data is still syncing or has not synced, do not sign out of the mobile app - data will be lost!
- Please remember to check for device as well as FieldClock updates
Until next week!
The FieldClock Team